As the President of the Texas Dental Hygienists’ Association, I invite you to be an active member of your professional organization. Our organization must position ourselves with the determination and endurance to focus on our future while remaining focused on the promise of expanded duties, practice settings, and roles in healthcare. There are limitless opportunities for dental hygiene to expand with innovative methods of oral healthcare delivery. In order to achieve these forward thinking initiatives, we must determine specific goals and be unwavering on their achievement. As an organization, we must
- Focus on membership, increasing our numbers so that we are seen as the voice of our profession in Texas
- Examine the education and scope of practice changes that will be needed in order to evolve the dental hygienist into a member of the collaborative healthcare model
- Adopt specific steps to facilitate this evolution
- Let nothing move our eyes from our path and ultimate goals
Thank you for allowing me to be a part of the leadership that moves us into our future.
As your president, I will continue to work towards our profession’s potential.
- Daring our membership to step outside of our stagnant comfort zone and reach together into the future, while asking, ‘What if” rather than choosing to say, "That's the way we've always done it."
- Work with other stakeholders to bring innovative total healthcare access to the underserved population in Texas. Planning the deliberate steps we will take to deliver us to our future.
- Assemble the leadership team with the skills and desire to become one cohesive, unstoppable force.
We must remain focused on our journey to greatness, never wavering from our resolve. Are there going to be roadblocks? You better believe it! No matter what is thrown our way, we must find the resolve to work as one unified unstoppable force going around, over, under, towards our goals.
As the TDHA Board and I move forward throughout the next year, I promise to focus on our organization. Constantly seeking forward motion to a bright future based on the foundation of the history of our organization.
Lynda Bean, RDH, BSDH
TDHA President 2016-2017